Monday, August 26, 2013

BACK TO SCHOOL: ACCESSORIES DISPLAY PROJECT

Hello there dear friends! Yes, I know, I'm a terrible friend. One that comes and goes, and sometimes just simply disappears for days without giving any signs of life. For those of you who don't know, I'm back to school. This is precisely why I'm in Miami. I'm studying fashion merchandising at the Miami International University of Art & Design. I started school in April and it's been quite an amazing learning experience. Sometimes we're wise asses and we think we know everything, but the truth of the matter is that we don't. These past 5 months I've learned more than I expected. This is also why I sometimes go M.I.A. Not enough time for everything, or maybe I just need to organize myself a little better (ok, I admit it! maybe I should just stop watching show marathons on Netflix). 

Anyhow, I wanted to share with you a project I did last week for my visual merchandising II class. This is my favorite class because it challenges my creativity and I love that. It can only make me better. The purpose of the project was to create an accessories display using things that we could find around our kitchen, or the supermarket. We had to come up with three different ways to display the same accessories, using the same props. Here's what I came up with. Hope you like it. Let me know which one's your favorite (if you have one). 

Tomorrow we have another project. I get so excited with projects. I'm a project snob. Tomorrow in class we have to create a beauty display using things that we could find around our bathrooms. For this I went to Anthropologie to get myself some cute little bathroom stuff (so girlie). I'm preparing another post to show you some of the items and props I'll be using. I'm not showing you everything because I want the end result to be a surprise. I think you guys are gonna like it.

So my dear friends, enjoy the rest of your afternoon, and until next!











Pin It

No comments: