Monday, July 29, 2013

OUTFIT POST: SAILS UP! ALL THE WAY NAUTICAL!

Goooood morning everyone! I do hope you all enjoyed a most wonderful weekend. I know I did. In general, last week was just a great week for me. Monday, Tuesday, and wednesday I had classes. Thursday I spent the day at the beach with my family from Guatemala who are vacationing in Miami, it was such a beautiful day. Friday I took my aunt for lunch at Mariposa inside Neiman Marcus at Villages of Merrick Park (I had the steak frites that was absolutely divine). Saturday I did homework and then hung out with some of my favorite people in Miami, and Sunday I had brunch with my Miami family. My best friend came for two days to visit her sisters (my Miami family), and so you can imagine the fun we had. 

Now let's focus on today's topic, which is my all the way nautical dress I bought at Anthropologie a couple of months ago. I have to say something guys. When I bought this dress I thought that perhaps I had gone a little bit too far with the whole boat thing. Quite frankly I never thought I was gonna make use of this dress so much. So it happens that I've worn it several times since I bought it, and every time I wear it I get complimented by everyone. It's definitely a winner. This only proves that sometimes we just need to set aside all fear and follow our hearts. Be bold, be brave, be daring. Step outside the box you've been living in all your life and try new things. Spice up your life. 

In professional terms (I should start expressing myself more like a fashion industry person), this would be a novelty print, a line, halter dress with a draped top and pleated skirt. It is specially flattering for girls with triangle shape bodies like me (heavier on the botton than on the top), or girls who need to create the illusion of a more defined waist by adding some curves to their cylindrical or rectangular shapes. It's perfect for a morning of shopping or brunch with your favorite ladies on a hot day of summer. It really is a beautiful feminine dress for women with quirky, free spirited personalities (also very girlie). If you're not the type of lady that feels comfortable wearing novelty prints like these, you can always try to look for a dress that has a similar shape in a color that is harmonious with your own personal coloring, either way you'll look and feel fantastic.


DRESS: Anthropologie
SUNGLASSES: Forever 21
NECKLACE: Vintage







If you'd like to learn more about my personal styling services, you can email me to info@mcacquaroni.com 






Pin It

No comments: